Thursday, April 19, 2007

My doppelganger looks just like me

I think it must have been a good day when this picture was taken. I certainly look more rested than normal. The strange thing about being in the performing arts is that we are required to have headshots/publicity photographs. Now getting these has led to a massive support industry whose sole function is to service the actors and performers with industry standard pictures. The theories and philosophy of 'what makes an effective headshot' are legion. Mostly we need these shots to get us work. So we pay for them, agonise over them and generally resent the regularity of the ritual 'updated shots' that seems to come around before we have even got rid of the last lot.

1 comment:

Stan Ridgway said...

I LIKE this shot very much. Smart, serious, good looking and intense. I might add a goutee and moustache and maybe a beret' for alternate beatnik jobs. Just a thought...