Thursday, June 12, 2014

Home again home again jiggity jig

Leaving in a few hours. Visit has gone well considering it was very last minute. It was very nice to see Dan and wife, Karen who generously put me up for a couple of nights in North Finchley now renamed NoFi [by me]. I am looking forward very much to getting home to New York though.  I miss the lifestyle there and although London this time around had many pleasant surprises in store I am still shocked by how expensive transport, eating out and sometimes just basic necessities are here.   My palms begin to itch as I remember how difficult some of my years in the nineties were.  I was dealing with a marriage break-up, my music career was stagnant and I was in a permanent state of worry about bringing up my daughter, Savannah. I struggled to find my voice, my place, struggled to find myself.  Around twenty years ago I returned to acting and walked away from a music career that wasn't really exciting me any more.


It took almost ten years to find a way out of that becalmed state and then in the early 2000s my wife was offered a job in NYC.   That has changed our lives and now I have a real purpose and feel that I am making a difference in NYC specifically in Queens. 

I have a new love now but London was a favored paramour now a platonic friend.

No comments: